So today is day seven and I am posting on time (wooo!) and today was ‘The Sky’ which was an awful coincidence because the weather today was appalling – cold, wet, rainy and cloudy! However luckily on my way home I saw the best skyline which I thought deserved to take pride of place in the 30 day challenge as day 7 and that’s because the skyline was moving into the evening and this meant that the sky was a beautiful tangerine colour and I just had to snap that up! 🙂
Hello, Hello, Hello…I know I haven’t blogged in a while and that is because I had my birthday on 12th October (I am 20 now!) and I have been doing a lot of university work and also as you mostly all know I write for a few magazines as a freelance journalist on the side to gain experience and add to my portfolio so both of those things are hectically time consuming! Sorry! But I am back and I will try to blog a bit more so stick around 🙂
So for my post I thought I would choose the topic of Halloween, which is a pretty obvious one since it is October! I think October is probably my favourite month followed by December as it’s all frosty and leafy and just all round cosy 🙂 But back to my topic of blog post, so I thought I would do things I love about Halloween! So lets start…
1. Candy Apples/Caramel Apples/Toffee Apples – So delicious! Although I prefer the caramel outside rather than the actual apple.
2. Pumpkins – Who doesn’t enjoy a good pumpkin carving? Inside the pumpkin smells a little but once you get past all the seeds and gooey bits it is pretty fun to carve a little face into it and I love how it looks all spooky when the candle is lit inside.
3. All the shops, stores and houses get prepared for Halloween – Fake cobwebs, pumpkins, fake zombies, pretend tombstones, spiders, bats and blood everywhere!
4. Candy Corn – Something I found like a year ago, it is an American sweet that we don’t have over in England but we can find it in some special American sweet shops here and they taste amazing!
5. Dressing up – Although I dress up for Halloween a lot less than when I was a child and people’s choice of outfits may have changed into more mature selections I still love to dress up and be all spooky if I can.
So that’s what I love about Halloween! What about you?
So today has been very warm here in England and very sunny for a change so I decided to take a chance and leave my coat at home crossed my fingers it wouldn’t rain and went out in a polka dot dress! This is a dress I got a few years back and it still fits which is great, it’s black with beige polka dots and cute little brass buttons at the front.
I actually brought this dress from Primark for around about £3 a couple summers ago so for £3 it’s lasted me a good while which is always great if something lasts for ages after you brought it! You can pretty much wear it with anything, but today as I was in a rush I went for black tights and cardigan – Not very bright but a good outfit all the same. If I had more time it probably would’ve been brighter and bolder but when your in a rush it’s hard to choose things that match as well as colour co-ordination! Hope you all enjoy 🙂
So just a few more weeks and my first year fresher life will be up and I’ll be going on Summer break and coming back a second year student! My life as a fresher has had its good points and its bad points and its damn well ugly points! So I was thinking what things do I wish I had known before I came to University last September? Well…
- Loans and Overdrafts run out VERY quick, It’s all cool when you look into your bank balance and you see a shining beautiful sum of cash within the thousands, but believe me that runs out faster than you can blink. I discussed this a lot of the time with my friends about where our money goes when we have nothing and everyone says roughly the same thing ‘I don’t even know what it got spent on?!?!’ Many times have I withdrawn £20 and the next day it’s all gone and all I have to show for it is a packet of crisps and a basic shop? I’m not sure if there is a magical Uni overdraft stealing fairy but I wish I listened to people who warned me before I came that money goes so quickly.
- Pre-meeting your flatmates helps A LOT! I only met one flat mate before I moved in and we met over Facebook, but now looking back to it everyone had already met everyone by the time they got to Uni so I felt like that’s probably something I should have thought about before hand.
- I will be kissing goodbye the luxuries I enjoyed everyday. Now looking back I wish I didn’t take things like sweets, magazines and such for granted because now I rarely get a chance to get them because I’m so broke.
- Bring extra cutlery. It’s not cool when you have someone over for dinner and you only have one set of cutlery and one plate…Awkward. Plus a lot of the time people either take/steal or ‘borrow’ your kitchen ware which can get annoying as most of it never actually returns! When I first came to University we only packed like one plate, few bowls and cups and couple knives and forks but by the end of my second semester I had like one plate left in my possession. BUY EXTRA!
Well that’s a little bit more about Uni for you 🙂
Okay so the weather here has been relatively sunny, if you’re reading this from abroad I live in United Kingdom in West Yorkshire. I previously lived in North London where sunshine was a common occurrence but moving up north the weather seems more unreliable and more wetter & colder! So lately this past week or so it has been mild and sunny for a change and has given me the chance to bust out some of my favourite Spring and Summer clothes! I decided I would share my outfits for the next three days with you guys because I love them 🙂
My first piece outfit is some beautifully cute dungarees I got from New Look last summer, they are baby blue and white stripes with pink roses on. I personally fell in love with them because it makes a change from the generic plain dungarees that everyone wears and jazzes them up a bit. I think the colours are perfect for Spring and Summer and I usually wear it with a vest or t-shirt underneath! 🙂
My second outfit is based around this really cute flower top, it’s made of this silk like material and is covered in lovely white flowers with go perfectly with the blue. I generally wear this top with a pair of skinny jeans and some accessories to give the easy but classy look 🙂
My final piece is a purple floral vest that I love! I love this vest because it’s perfect for when the weather is getting warmer because the material is so loose fitting and comfortable. It goes well with cardigans, jeans and skirts I’ve found and it’s a nice change from a plain vest.
Well that’s what I am planning to wear the next three days! Hope you liked that little insight 🙂 Follow/Like.
So today was a pretty good day, I mean I hardly got any sleep last night but I ended up napping for the most of lunchtime so I got to catch up on some much needed sleep.
My partner’s dad, sister and cousin came to visit us and we ended up going to look around Leeds and the new Trinity shopping centre which by the way is pretty cool. All day has been so icy cold, these Northern winds really make me feel like I’m just walking around in a t-shirt and shorts, even though I’m wearing about 5 layers 😦
Trinity Leeds shopping centre has lots of stores that were already previously in Leeds anyway but now they’re just bigger and better I guess and all in one place which is convenient for the everyday shopper! Footlocker was giving out free vouchers that needed to get scanned and you got the chance to win a free pair of trainers, if you didn’t win your voucher just said you got either £5, £10 or £20 pounds off anything in store with meant there was endless ques of sqwarking people but I managed to grab a ticket and get it scanned, sadly I got £20 off which is good but I don’t have the funds for trainers at the moment being a student- so that sucks!
Anyway we ended up having a nice meal in Nando’s but the wait for a table was excruciating as I hate waiting for food and service! But overall it was a good day & tomorrow my parents are coming to visit for Easter so I’m quite excited! 🙂