So a couple of weeks ago I really thought long and hard about how I could make my blog better and also how I could represent my self to my followers, I saw a lot of blogs with personal illustrations and immediately I desired one! I really wanted something which made my blog just feel more personal to me and I also had the idea of starting a Facebook group and pinterest but I wanted a logo or blog illustration first so I could use it as my icon.
I searched endlessly for someone who could do one for free which I know is a very long shot since many great artists and drawers would like payment, since I am a student and broke all the time this began to be a obstacle for me HOWEVER and this is where the story takes a turn for the best! I met a fellow blogger on a blogging forum site and she was an artist/drawer and after looking at her incredible work I decided to take a long shot and email her, luckily she agreed which made me over the moon and she done the illustration of me in record time for me as well as being super polite and friendly! 🙂
I just want to say a massive super duper thank you to Amy Maddison for helping me out and putting the time and effort into completing it for me in such a short time span plus it looks absolutely beautiful couldn’t have wished for more! 🙂
Visit her amazing blog here: http://amyloosworld.blogspot.co.uk/
Make sure to like her awesome Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmyMaddisonFineArtist
Below is the illustration she kindly did for me 🙂
So I love the whole floral headband trend and I have been searching endlessly for one for ages now, I have searched long and hard in so many shops to prevail with nothing. If a retailer did have one then it wasn’t a pretty one but the majority of places I looked including online were either far too expensive or sold out! But today I went into Claire’s and I doubted myself before I went in that there wouldn’t be any but I was surprised to find a nice little collection of floral headbands by the doorway! – Surprise.
I found a really cute one that goes with my hair colour and also compliments my face nor is it to big or in your face which is great, this is the floral headband I had been waiting for! My Summer piece, so here are some pictures below of me wearing my new little accessory and I love love love it!
So I thinking about the traditional generic British stereotypes that many people think of when thinking of Britain, I found this quite funny because most of the time I don’t do any of these things that most people associate with British folk which made me laugh 🙂 So I thought I’d Google the most generic British stereotypes and talk about them! Enjoy! 🙂
- We all LOVE tea? Okay the truth is I love tea I really do, there is nothing better than a nice cup of tea made just perfectly! 🙂 However this is not true as well because many people hate tea or prefer coffee or hate them both in fact!
- We all speak like the Queen? No not at all, there are various dialects all over the Britain such as Geordie, Lancastrian, Scouse, Brummie, Yorkshire but however down the South you do find dialects become more like received pronunciation also known as the Queens English, so no we don’t all sound like the Queen although some people may have a dialect somewhere similar.
- We love our fish ‘n’ chips? I don’t account for the whole of Britain but I love fish and chips, well not the fish because I don’t eat fish so I just like the chips 🙂 I guess a lot of people love fish and chips, but we love many other dishes as well.
- We are snobby? I think this is a generalization, I know many people who are down to earth and friendly but there are people that are snobby as well but were not all snobs 🙂
- We all have yellow teeth? This made me laugh the most, I know lots of people with brilliant white teeth and some with yellowing teeth but not every one has yellow teeth!
- We are charming and suave? I think this is very generalized as well, not everyone is charming and suave but you’ll meet people who are and then you’ll meet people who definitely are not too!
- We say cheerio and cor blimey? I have never said these things and probably wont ever. Although maybe there are still some people who say these things who knows?
- We all love the royal family? Many people do love the royal family in Britain however many don’t as well its a split divide I guess, it depends on who you’re talking to.
- It always rains and were always miserable? Yes! It rains a lot! but we get some sunny days too sometimes and were not always miserable! 🙂
Well I think that’s enough for now, hopefully didn’t offend anyone because nothing was meant to be offensive! It was just me shedding some light on British stereotypes in a playful way 🙂