Hello, Hello, Hello…I know I haven’t blogged in a while and that is because I had my birthday on 12th October (I am 20 now!) and I have been doing a lot of university work and also as you mostly all know I write for a few magazines as a freelance journalist on the side to gain experience and add to my portfolio so both of those things are hectically time consuming! Sorry! But I am back and I will try to blog a bit more so stick around 🙂
So for my post I thought I would choose the topic of Halloween, which is a pretty obvious one since it is October! I think October is probably my favourite month followed by December as it’s all frosty and leafy and just all round cosy 🙂 But back to my topic of blog post, so I thought I would do things I love about Halloween! So lets start…
1. Candy Apples/Caramel Apples/Toffee Apples – So delicious! Although I prefer the caramel outside rather than the actual apple.
2. Pumpkins – Who doesn’t enjoy a good pumpkin carving? Inside the pumpkin smells a little but once you get past all the seeds and gooey bits it is pretty fun to carve a little face into it and I love how it looks all spooky when the candle is lit inside.
3. All the shops, stores and houses get prepared for Halloween – Fake cobwebs, pumpkins, fake zombies, pretend tombstones, spiders, bats and blood everywhere!
4. Candy Corn – Something I found like a year ago, it is an American sweet that we don’t have over in England but we can find it in some special American sweet shops here and they taste amazing!
5. Dressing up – Although I dress up for Halloween a lot less than when I was a child and people’s choice of outfits may have changed into more mature selections I still love to dress up and be all spooky if I can.
So that’s what I love about Halloween! What about you?
This is one of my favourite trends that is making its comeback this Summer and I love it! I really love the laid back relaxed festival boho look – What I really love about this look is that it can be interpreted in different ways and people can make it what they want it to be, it has so much room for adventure and bravery with regards to new outfits and such which makes it a really great look that anyone can pull off, even if you’re not going to a festival!
So I put together a little collaboration of all the sort of things that would/could make a great boho or festival look! Enjoy 🙂
Coachella is one of the biggest, brightest and voluminous events around, with live music and fashion statements at every step we can gather a lot about the upcoming Summer fashion this year that’s to be expected as thousands take style tips and fashion collaborations from the annual music festival goers – Me included!
You may have seen some photos flowing around the internet of brightly dressed festival goers of all ages sporting some unique and different style trends, well Coachella is a big hit with fashion mad people as it is a place to flaunt your best outfits and what you can throw together in a creative and imaginative way.
So what were the upcoming trends at Coachella? Well many people want that carefree casual festival style and clothing such as ironic T-shirts with crazy creative slogans, long sheer skirts and bright incandescent make up with a mix match of accessories from knee high socks teamed with comfy converse to heeled studded boots and hats ranging from flat caps to beanies seem to be favourites at this years Coachella judging by the pictures and reviews you see online.
Coachella is the ultimate place to look the part and one of the best places to gather fashion inspiration from fellow attendees, but from Coachella we can learn that clothing this Summer will be bright, vibrant, innovative and definitely intense and will come in a range of patterns such as rainbow, tribal, aztec and monochrome to mention a few favourites this year, ooooh I’m excited! 😀
Well that’s a little snippet on Coachella style guys, hope you liked 🙂