So I saw an interesting question quite a lot of people have posed and it’s would 8 year old me be proud of me right now at this point in my life if they could see me? So I thought I’d find my own answer to this because no one else can answer this for me obviously 🙂
When I was 8 I wanted to be a baker with my dad, a gymnast, a ballerina, an army cadet, a teacher and a vet just to name a few but you name it I have probably wanted to be that profession once in my younger years.
But how did it all turn out so far? Well I believe that if 8 year old me could see me now, they would be proud and there’s many reasons for this…
1. I’m at university, something which I always looked up to my siblings for and I knew since I was little I wanted to go to university to get a degree and the job I always wanted.
2. I have met someone who I think the world of and they think the world of me back! When I was little I would think about meeting someone significant and falling in love like it was in the movies I’d watch and books I’d read. 8 year old me never really believed in fate or even knew it existed but I can say in my opinion that now I know it exists and I think little me would be proud of this discovery.
3. I have travelled and intend to travel to many other countries. When I was little I dreamed about travelling to all the different countries, spinning my globe and pinning my finger on a random place when it stopped spinning was something I loved doing! (Although most of the time my finger ended up pointing to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!)
4. I have finally gained the confidence boost I needed, when I was in primary school and also a part of secondary school I was called “Mary mouse” because I was so quiet and I was scared of everything! But now that part of me seems like a distant memory 🙂
5. In general I’d say I have come a long way, I have learnt a lot, experienced a lot and just overcome obstacles and such which 8 year old me never would have even realised existed. Along with this 8 year old me would’ve been happy to know that my little family back then has now expanded and I am an auntie to 5 lovely children as well as being a godmother and having a closer relationship with all my siblings and parents among other achievements 🙂
So my answer is probably yes 8 year old me would be proud of me if they could see me now because I’m exactly where I want to be in life at the moment, working towards what I want and growing up twelve years on I have gained a lot.
I do have a picture of me at 8 but I won’t post it because it’s too cringy! but thank you for reading, feel free to follow or like 🙂