“She loved mysteries so much she became one”
I love love love to read, well only if it is a book I get into completely because I hate reading books which do not capture me because I know I will end up giving up reading it and then would’ve felt kinda crappy about not finishing something someone spent a majority of their life writing but that’s just me. The kind of books I tend to go for are a little older than young adult, I don’t like anything too serious or morbid and prefer something with a little lighthearted tone or underlying message, however contradicting myself I must admit I did and still do enjoy the ‘A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ series by Lemony Snicket.
However enough rambling! I brought ‘Paper Towns’ by John Green after reading another one of his books called ‘Looking For Alaska’, now I was really impressed with ‘Looking For Alaska’ and I initially got it because I saw on the GoodReads website that it was popular and well recommended and after reading it (took me four days) I can see why! However I wont start talking about that book because I am here to write a review about ‘Paper Towns’, the book itself is witty and filled with funny passages as well as parts that as a teenager or young adult (even an adult!) you can relate to which makes the book itself all that much more appealing.
There is something special about how the book itself is written and how the characters and their internal and external relationships with each other are portrayed, but I also loved that this book was unlike any other I have ever read it was not the generic plot I was expecting but something much more different and inspiring as well as adventurous!
(SPOILERS BELOW SCROLL DOWN TO KEEP READING)
The story itself is in short about a boy called Quentin Jacobsen and his fascination and love for a wild and adventurous girl called Margo Roth Spiegelman whom he does not speak to at all until one night she requests his help getting her revenge on those who have wronged her and we are thrown into a world of revenge, love, fun and adventure while we follow their night of mischief however the following morning when Quentin arrives at school Margo is no where to be found and she has disappeared! At this point in the book I was like “Ahhh where did she go! I hope nothing bad has happened to her!” but to my relief the rest of the novel follows Quentin and his friends on a road trip following clues Margo has purposely and non purposely left for them to follow all over the place near and far which leads them to her in the end to a place far away where Margo admits she left and her and Quentin say goodbye once again.
So all in all it was an excellent book which I will read again and again because it is a favourite of mine! Pick it up and have a read if you feel like this is the book for you 🙂
Hope you enjoyed my review!
Mostly everyone has hobbies! Some people like horse riding others prefer baking or sewing but I thought I would share with my you guys a few of my hobbies! So you guys get to know me a little better 🙂
- I love reading! I love all genres and I think my top three favourites would have to be John Green’s Paper Towns and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Finding Alaska also by John Green. I can read for hours if I have a good book and nothing to do, in my eyes sometimes it is like an escape to a different place and time 🙂
- One of my other hobbies has to be gaming. I have been playing on games consoles since I was very young starting with my SEGA drive! From growing up playing sonic and tails on SEGA I grew up to love playing PlayStation and Xbox as well.
- Obviously I have a passion for blogging, beauty and fashion otherwise I wouldn’t be doing what I love to do which is blog about all those things. I enjoy blogging and having new followers and getting to look at everyone else’s unique blogs too 🙂
- I have previously wrote a post about my love for travelling and the wanderlust that I have for it. In the future after University I aim to travel to many places and make it an avid hobby.
- In the picture below you will see a painting set and that is because in my free time I like to paint and draw as much as I can, I find it relaxing and enjoyable 🙂
- If I’m not reading a good book or a newspaper then I’m 100% likely to be devouring a fashion magazine, I love them it’s a sweet simple addiction.
- Finally I love to bake cakes, cookies or anything sweet! I like cooking but nothing is more fun than baking! 🙂
Well I hope you liked that little insight into my hobbies 🙂 Follow/Like.
I want to be a fashion journalist. If you didn’t know that you do now 🙂 My aim is to be a successful blogger and fashion journalist in the future for a big time glossy magazine, I’m not materialistic at all…far from it! My previous desired occupation was a nurse, I know what you’re thinking a bit of a crazy jump from one to the other? Well turns out my love for fashion and magazines has been combined by my newly discovered talent of being able to write good articles and it’s something I enjoy so there you have it 🙂
So I thought I’d tell you some little snippets about me:
- How many internships have I applied for since the start of this year? – 10 so far.
- How many published articles have I written since the start of University? – Around 15.
- Favourite thing to write an article about? – Fashion or the news
- Writers block? – Yes! everyone does now and then.
- Favourite colour? – Green or Red.
- Favourite season? – Autumn or Winter.
- Favourite animal? – Shark 🙂
- Hobbies? – Reading, writing, being an activist, helping the less fortunate and blogging.
- Do I like University? – Yes, although it has it’s disadvantages.
- Favourite holiday destination? – Ibiza or Cornwall.
- Favourite coffee shop? – Starbucks!
- Current favourite book? – Paper Towns by John Green.
- Favourite weather? – Sun but not if it’s too hot!
- Blackberry, Iphone, Samsung, HTC? – Iphone
- Something I want to do by end of this year? – Go on holiday, Swim with sharks or pass my driving test.
- Favourite magazines? – Glamour, Company, Heat, Vogue, Cosmopolitan.
- Favourite newspaper? – The I
- Something I hate? – Liars.
- Bad habit? – Eating sweets and take away.
- One place I want to visit badly – New York.