So I thinking about the traditional generic British stereotypes that many people think of when thinking of Britain, I found this quite funny because most of the time I don’t do any of these things that most people associate with British folk which made me laugh 🙂 So I thought I’d Google the most generic British stereotypes and talk about them! Enjoy! 🙂
- We all LOVE tea? Okay the truth is I love tea I really do, there is nothing better than a nice cup of tea made just perfectly! 🙂 However this is not true as well because many people hate tea or prefer coffee or hate them both in fact!
- We all speak like the Queen? No not at all, there are various dialects all over the Britain such as Geordie, Lancastrian, Scouse, Brummie, Yorkshire but however down the South you do find dialects become more like received pronunciation also known as the Queens English, so no we don’t all sound like the Queen although some people may have a dialect somewhere similar.
- We love our fish ‘n’ chips? I don’t account for the whole of Britain but I love fish and chips, well not the fish because I don’t eat fish so I just like the chips 🙂 I guess a lot of people love fish and chips, but we love many other dishes as well.
- We are snobby? I think this is a generalization, I know many people who are down to earth and friendly but there are people that are snobby as well but were not all snobs 🙂
- We all have yellow teeth? This made me laugh the most, I know lots of people with brilliant white teeth and some with yellowing teeth but not every one has yellow teeth!
- We are charming and suave? I think this is very generalized as well, not everyone is charming and suave but you’ll meet people who are and then you’ll meet people who definitely are not too!
- We say cheerio and cor blimey? I have never said these things and probably wont ever. Although maybe there are still some people who say these things who knows?
- We all love the royal family? Many people do love the royal family in Britain however many don’t as well its a split divide I guess, it depends on who you’re talking to.
- It always rains and were always miserable? Yes! It rains a lot! but we get some sunny days too sometimes and were not always miserable! 🙂
Well I think that’s enough for now, hopefully didn’t offend anyone because nothing was meant to be offensive! It was just me shedding some light on British stereotypes in a playful way 🙂