So the fact that it is Autumn has taken its toll on what I wear, sadly the times of dresses, shorts and vests are long gone because the weather is bitterly cold and windy lately and lets not forget the rain! So I have been wearing items that are more warmer as well as comfier and two trends that I really love this Autumn are capes and kimonos, they are creative and colourful as well as comfy and stylish and a great autumn/winter must have!
Kimonos have been in fashion this year quite a bit I don’t think the trend has died down once and I doubt it will for a long time and for a good reason, they are stylish and comfortable and that’s all we care about in the colder months. Many retailers and online stores sell some really lovely kimonos that look fantastic and I really wish I had the money to go and buy them all but sadly that’s a dream! With this in mind, capes are also very much in trend and desire, for many of the same reasons as kimonos and fortunately I am lucky enough as I brought a red and black cape last year and it is a staple wardrobe piece that I love to wear with t-shirts and jeans and all sorts of combinations!
Definitely a key piece to anyone’s wardrobe and a star buy 🙂
Hello, Hello, Hello…I know I haven’t blogged in a while and that is because I had my birthday on 12th October (I am 20 now!) and I have been doing a lot of university work and also as you mostly all know I write for a few magazines as a freelance journalist on the side to gain experience and add to my portfolio so both of those things are hectically time consuming! Sorry! But I am back and I will try to blog a bit more so stick around 🙂
So for my post I thought I would choose the topic of Halloween, which is a pretty obvious one since it is October! I think October is probably my favourite month followed by December as it’s all frosty and leafy and just all round cosy 🙂 But back to my topic of blog post, so I thought I would do things I love about Halloween! So lets start…
1. Candy Apples/Caramel Apples/Toffee Apples – So delicious! Although I prefer the caramel outside rather than the actual apple.
2. Pumpkins – Who doesn’t enjoy a good pumpkin carving? Inside the pumpkin smells a little but once you get past all the seeds and gooey bits it is pretty fun to carve a little face into it and I love how it looks all spooky when the candle is lit inside.
3. All the shops, stores and houses get prepared for Halloween – Fake cobwebs, pumpkins, fake zombies, pretend tombstones, spiders, bats and blood everywhere!
4. Candy Corn – Something I found like a year ago, it is an American sweet that we don’t have over in England but we can find it in some special American sweet shops here and they taste amazing!
5. Dressing up – Although I dress up for Halloween a lot less than when I was a child and people’s choice of outfits may have changed into more mature selections I still love to dress up and be all spooky if I can.
So that’s what I love about Halloween! What about you?
Okay so I thought that this would be a good post to do because it is nearly the start of Autumn, It may sound silly but I had to Google when the actual start date of Autumn was and it said the 22nd September! I love Autumn personally, I adore the crispy brown and orange leaves on the floor, Halloween! (I still dress up), the rainy days and nights and the smell of cinnamon (My Favourite!) so with that in mind here is my Autumn wish list:
- Ankle wellies with the cute little bows on the side (It rains here endlessly).
- Another winter coat (The North is cold!).
- Michael Kors watch (One day hopefully!)
- Nina Ricci body wash (Mine has run out, boo 😦 )
- GTA 5, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed Blag Flag and some other games I wanted.
- illamasqua rich liquid foundation
It is only a tiny list because I can never actually remember things I want until I see it again in the shops haha but I am very much looking forward to Autumn, I have always said that my favourite season is Winter but I love Autumn as well so lets hope it is good this year 🙂
I wasn’t very interested in painting my nails until I got into secondary school when it was key to always have brightly coloured and vibrant nails, I never really took an interest in Barry M until then and I didn’t really like the brand to start with as I thought it was too runny and didn’t dry quick enough but now years later I am happily buying Barry M nail varnishes with a smile on my face because I love the colours and types! 🙂
So the other week I brought another Barry M nail varnish because I was complaining that I didn’t have any summer colours in my nail varnish collection! So I went and I brought cyan blue which is a light blue but not too light that it turns into a pastel blue.
I love this colour because it is so light and summery, I like blues as well which is probably why I picked it 🙂
So this year there is set to be some really intriguing and adventurous trends to walk the catwalk and pave a pathway into our hearts. With this in mind I have seen some key trends already within magazines such as Vogue and ELLE and I thought that I would mention my favourite picks from this years Summer and Autumn’s trends to come since there are some real fantastic pieces! 🙂
Bare: Nude and bare colours are a big trend this Summer and Autumn, these light hue’s are a perfect season colour for any piece of clothing or accessory especially shoes such as heels and flat pumps and this is because they make your legs look longer, something which many women wish for! So if that sounds like you then grab yourself a pair of nude heels and watch the compliments flow in.
Oriental Infusion: Recently on the catwalk there has been an influx of oriental infused designs and trends sweeping through the fashion world, from china patterns to delicate embroidery and origami cuts, this overall trend is so elegant and colourful it makes a definite favourite for Summer and Autumn.
1920’s: Gatsby has been more than a cinema hit, it has been a worldwide global phenomenon passing the 1920’s style around and capturing the hearts of many. Que the mass of 1920’s flapper dresses, glitzy accessories and an influx of pearls and embroidery!
Geometric: Geometric shapes and cuts are a big trend this year in Summer and Autumn, colourful and bold they make a strong confident statement in pieces of our favourite clothing. Plus they give great shape to all your assets in the best places!
Leather: Leather has been a big trend for a long while now, capturing our attention a couple of months back and still managing to contain our attention leather has been a contagious fashion trend. Leggings, tops and dresses all are some of our favourite pieces which come in leather and one of the best things about the material? It’s figure hugging which means it accentuates your curves and other assets.
Hope you enjoyed! 🙂
Just a quick reminder, if you haven’t already it would be wonderful if you could like and share my Facebook blog page as it means a lot and the support is wonderful!
New content will be posted there as well! 🙂
Thank you lovelies!
If you’re like me and love sunglasses then you’ll love the whole new concept and designs behind the statement glasses that everyone will want to be wearing when it comes round to Summer! Forget those boring old generic sunnies and grab a pair of these bad boys, statement sunglasses will be bright, vibrant, colourful and in a variety of shapes and designs which will leave you forgetting your old pair in record time.
Everyone seems to be wearing them even celebrities and catwalk models, so this Summer maybe you might think of picking up some of these rebel sunglasses that make a difference from the old generic sunnies we are so used to wearing!
Hope you enjoyed this post guys 🙂
I want to be a fashion journalist. If you didn’t know that you do now 🙂 My aim is to be a successful blogger and fashion journalist in the future for a big time glossy magazine, I’m not materialistic at all…far from it! My previous desired occupation was a nurse, I know what you’re thinking a bit of a crazy jump from one to the other? Well turns out my love for fashion and magazines has been combined by my newly discovered talent of being able to write good articles and it’s something I enjoy so there you have it 🙂
So I thought I’d tell you some little snippets about me:
- How many internships have I applied for since the start of this year? – 10 so far.
- How many published articles have I written since the start of University? – Around 15.
- Favourite thing to write an article about? – Fashion or the news
- Writers block? – Yes! everyone does now and then.
- Favourite colour? – Green or Red.
- Favourite season? – Autumn or Winter.
- Favourite animal? – Shark 🙂
- Hobbies? – Reading, writing, being an activist, helping the less fortunate and blogging.
- Do I like University? – Yes, although it has it’s disadvantages.
- Favourite holiday destination? – Ibiza or Cornwall.
- Favourite coffee shop? – Starbucks!
- Current favourite book? – Paper Towns by John Green.
- Favourite weather? – Sun but not if it’s too hot!
- Blackberry, Iphone, Samsung, HTC? – Iphone
- Something I want to do by end of this year? – Go on holiday, Swim with sharks or pass my driving test.
- Favourite magazines? – Glamour, Company, Heat, Vogue, Cosmopolitan.
- Favourite newspaper? – The I
- Something I hate? – Liars.
- Bad habit? – Eating sweets and take away.
- One place I want to visit badly – New York.