So today is day seven and I am posting on time (wooo!) and today was ‘The Sky’ which was an awful coincidence because the weather today was appalling – cold, wet, rainy and cloudy! However luckily on my way home I saw the best skyline which I thought deserved to take pride of place in the 30 day challenge as day 7 and that’s because the skyline was moving into the evening and this meant that the sky was a beautiful tangerine colour and I just had to snap that up! 🙂
I am running behind again on posting my daily challenge! So far the hardest thing has been trying to post on time! (hehe) but yesterday (27th) was my favourite colour and I took a little picture that I found really beautiful to show my favourite colour and I think it really is quite a simple yet beautiful photo and I hope you’ll all like it as well! 🙂
So (Drum roll please!…) my favourite colour is……. GREEN!
I love reading and if you are a fellow book worm then you will love it just as much as me! When it comes to reading, I love to read books that make me think or interest me so deeply that I have trouble putting it down because to me they’re the best kind! 🙂 Going along with that line of thought, I thought that I would compile a mini list of the 5 books I want to read right now and here it goes…
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – I saw the original book a few years ago and to be honest the cover looked a little scary and I will show you why, so the cover I saw was similar to this (posted below) and it was a little girl dancing/holding hands with death (Pretty scary right!) I know you should never judge a book by its cover but this was an exception because it spooked me haha! but now I am older (20 to be exact) I can handle the book, because the trailer to the film looks pretty amazing so my expectations for the book are high.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I do not know much about this book however the cover is enough to make me want to read it, it’s so appealing and enchanting. I’ve also seen a lot of bloggers review this book and give it good ratings so fingers crossed!
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender – This is another book I know very little about however after reading the blurb and some reviews on it on Good Reads website I can see that this may be an interesting read.
- Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde by Jeff Guinn – I am a bit of a history nerd, not massively but I have certain aspects of history that I really find interesting like pirates, 19th Century, medicine and of course crime and under that category falls Bonnie and Clyde. I have done lots of research and reading online but there are so many stories and tales and I think this book would be an interesting read.
- The Midwife’s Apprentice by Karen Cushman – I found this book whilst searching the Good Reads website and the title firstly grabbed me, I love books that are like biographies or accounts from a persons perspective and I am interested in medicine and healthcare like I already said (I want to be a nurse anyway haha) and reading about a midwife’s apprentice in medieval England.
So I hope you enjoyed my little list of what I am hoping to read soon, if there are any books you’d like to recommend then please comment and let me know 🙂
Day 5 of my 30 day photo challenge was technically yesterday so I’m uploading few hours late (Oops!) but day 5 is flowers so being a lucky girl I actually received some roses from my partner and took a little snap shot of those on our dining table for you all! 🙂
Day six is tomorrow and it is… (Drum roll please!…) a photo of my favourite colour 🙂 if anyone can guess it before the photo is posted then a congratulations is in order haha! But thank you all for reading and the continuing comments 🙂
I was meant to post this yesterday however I had a ton of uni work to do first and then I fell asleep so sorry for posting a day late! But my picture is one I took of my fish, they are white mountain minnows and a zebra danio, the picture isn’t so clear because it was hard as they are so so so tiny! But they’re super cute 🙂
I’ve had pets before but sadly I do not have any photos of them to share 😦 but I’ll always remember them 🙂
Anyway here are my fishies & today’s photo is FLOWERS DAY 5 so that’ll be up tonight 🙂
So a BIG thank you to Carlie because she kindly nominated my blog for a Liebster award! I have never really understood or known much about the Liebster award and this is a great privileged to be nominated! All I know about the Liebster award is that it is an award passed around by bloggers who in turn nominate their favourite bloggers and blogs to answer questions and then nominate others, this helps everyone get to know more about each other and shows a mass of support and promotes others blogs as well as your own.
So this is the requirements for this Liebster award:
- The chosen nominee gives 11 facts about themselves
- Answer the questions given to them by their nominator which in my case is Carlie!
- Link back to the person who nominated them again in my case that’s Carlie 🙂
- Nominate 11 blogs they love with under 200 followers & give them 11 questions made up by you and let them know you have given them the award as well 🙂
So let’s begin! 11 facts about me:
- I have a double jointed thumb! Gross to some but I find it cool because it gives me an advantage when playing thumb wars!
- When I listen to my iPod I like to change the song always before it ends, I’m just a little impatient.
- I once dyed my hair orange by accident, trying to achieve blonde. Safe to say I am happy being brunette still.
- My favourite animal is a Great White Shark!
- I have two tattoos at the moment, a medium sized cross on the left side of my back and a little Chinese symbol on the right side of my back.
- I once had pierced ears when I was like 10, I had unicorn earrings and my ears had an allergic reaction leading to me having to take them out and my piercing holes closed up and I have never had my ears pierced since.
- I love cheese, I think it’s brilliant!
- I completed Grand Theft Auto 5 in just about 4 days, I got very little sleep but it was worth it.
- I love volunteering and taking an interest in ways I can help people, animals and such because it makes me feel happy 🙂
- I love my writing to look neat, if it doesn’t I will re-write everything until it looks presentable.
- My favourite flower is a daffodil, but because they are only available a certain time of year I also love roses as well.
So that is 11 facts about myself, now onto the 11 questions Carlie asked!…
1) Sum up your blog in one sentence – Positive
2) What is the funniest selfie you’ve ever taken? (bonus points for putting it up!) – Probably this one….
3) Favourite skincare Brand? – I’d have to say either Clearasil or Nivea.
4) What do you order from a coffee shop? – A cup of tea and a muffin 🙂
5) What languages do you speak? – Basic and I mean basic Japanese, French, Spanish.
6) What’s your favourite movie? – I have to many favourite movies!
7) If you could meet one blogger face to face, who would it be and why?- I’d love to meet all the bloggers that have supported me and my blog face to face because they’re all so lovely.
8) When putting make up on, what do you generally play up? (eyeliner? bright lipstick?) – I tend to generally concentrate more on my eyes, so eye shadow and mascara!
9) What is your go to food of choice? – Lasagne with garlic bread!
10) In any given week, how many ways would you say you style your hair? – I’d say dependent on weather, at least 3 or 4.
11) What has been your most rewarding experience so far? – My most rewarding experience so far would be both my blog and also helping out with charity work in various places.
So now onto my questions for my nominees! >>>
- Name someone who inspires you (Famous/non famous)?
- What’s your favourite colour and why?
- Do you have a blogger you are exceptionally close to and how did you start becoming so close?
- Favourite season of year?
- If you could go back to any period of time in the past where would you go and why?
- Something you hate?
- Something you have learned from blogging?
- Favourite type of film?
- How long do you spend blogging each week?
- Most prized possession?
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE NOMINEES!
- Kelly at Daydreams & Dasiychains
- Amy at Amyloo’s world
- Alice-may at alice-maypurkiss
- Harriet at thebeautyswatch
- Etta at Etta’s Threads
- Denise at Pretty Petite Poppy
- Jenny at fashionfromafield
- Trina at trinawears
- Molly at lyonsnotes
- Heidi at Blush & Belle
- Amita at Through The Iphone Glass, and What Amita Found There
Thank you once again Carlie for nominating me! I loved joining in and I hope the girls I nominated enjoy it just as much! 🙂
I just want to firstly say a massive thank you to the recent new followers, the followers who have been there from the beginning and the ones who joined along the way! Your support for my growing blog has been immense and I am so grateful there are people who appreciate what I write & enjoy looking at my blog 🙂
I have received many comments over the past few days and they have all been so lovely! So thank you and please keep it up because I love to hear what you all think and if you’re enjoying it 🙂
Anyway moving on! Yesterday was day 3 of the photo challenge, I didn’t get to upload this yesterday because for some reason my WordPress wouldn’t load! But success because today it did and I am here writing this post! 🙂 So choosing something that represents technology was tough because I didn’t want to go for the cliche things but after much deliberation I decided that the best photo is my iPhone background.
My iPhone is something I use everyday, I think to me it represents that technology has come so far considering the past that now everyone can have a piece of a growing industry themselves, not only this but I think it represents the amount of people that are technologically advanced nowadays and the growth in consumerism.
Well hope you enjoyed my 3rd photo, day 4 will be up tonight and it’s a pet/animal!
So today is my second day of my 30 day photo challenge, today’s topic or keyword is FOOD! I myself am a big foodie, I love food and I love making it and presenting it as well. So after a long hard think about what to take a photo of today I chose my dinner and this is because it is one of my favourite meals! Spaghetti Bolognese! 🙂 As as student my cooking abilities were terrible to begin with but now I can happily say I can cook a wide range of meals and make up my own as well from top of my head so that’s helpful 🙂 Anyway here is my photo for day 2!
Day 3 tomorrow will be TECHNOLOGY so stick around 🙂
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn’t get a chance to upload my first picture of my photo challenge yesterday it’s because it was my nieces birthday! So I spent yesterday on the train and celebrating with my whole family 🙂
But this is my day 1 photo for nature and I took it Friday evening, I thought it would make a good nature shot for my challenge because the tree looks so gigantic and quite symbolic in the growing darkness of the night and also it shows that even if you live in a big city you can still find nature if you look around enough so I thought it was a nice photo.
My day 2 photo for today is FOOD and will be uploaded tonight! 🙂
In January I went on holiday to Gran Canaria with my partner, although me and my partner have been together for ages it was our first time going abroad together and that was mainly because we are students and the bank balance is not always smiling upon us!
Gran Canaria is part of the Canary Islands, the weather according to my handy guide book told me that it would be nothing less than 20 degrees which I was happy enough with considering that England is always most of the time raining anyway. So once we had picked Gran Canaria we had to book all our tickets and such which was left down to me, bearing in mind I am not only clumsy but forgetful I was a constantly worried the whole way there that I forgot something or booked it wrong! Thankfully that wasn’t the case and I can say I successfully can book a holiday without messing up the details – Woohoo! 🙂
The holiday itself was amazing, we got to see and do a lot! (I even held two parrots! ;)) we went to San Agustin and the beach and the surroundings were lovely, our resort had a massive pool and crazy slides so the child in me came out and I couldn’t resist going down them even with a full face of make up!
But overall it was brilliant, if you ever get a chance to go then do! Here’s some holiday snaps below…