Honey – That oh so sweet golden looking substance that we all know so well! It’s good in glasses of hot milk, it’s good over toast, it’s good over porridge but what else is this golden treat good for? So I thought I would do a little post about the apparent health benefits of honey that are circulating the internet 🙂
- Scientists have said that honey contains strong anti-bacterial qualities which is why it has been used timelessly throughout the centuries to heal wounds, allergies, coughs and general ailments.
- It makes a wonderful skin moisturizer and can reduce acne in some cases.
- Honey can make a powerful anti-oxidant and immunity protector.
- It can reduce the irritation in a mosquito bite when applied.
- Allegedly it can help aid gastrointestinal disorders such as colitis.
- It’s a natural energy booster.
So if you thought that sweet treat was unhealthy think again, there are many health benefits to honey and this is just a few of them. There are a variety of different types of honey as well with a range of flavours and aromas.
Hope you enjoyed 🙂